- 1 portion pizza dough - Makes 2 pizzas
- 150 g ball of mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces
- 1 340 g can of Spam original (chopped pork and ham), cut into thin strips.
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1 cup spicy tomato sauce
- Handful of basil leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- Make the pizza dough as instructed
- If using a pizza stone, preheat the pizza stone under a very hot grill for about 20 minutes. Place it about 8cm (3") from the heat source.
- Make 1 pizza per person
- Dust the work surface with fine yellow cornmeal
- Stretch or roll the dough into two thin rounds
- Prick the pizza all over with a fork. This prevents it puffing up too much and burning while it is cooking
- Place the pizza dough on a pizza peel that has been dusted with fine yellow cornmeal
- With a deft move, slide the pizza dough from the pizza peel, on to the pizza stone.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on one side only or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, flip over and add the topping.
- Repeat for the second pizza whilst you prepare the first.
- Drizzle the pizza with olive oil and spread the pizza with ½ of the tomato sauce
- Top with torn mozzarella and sliced Spam.
- Add a final drizzle of olive oil or for a spicy touch, some chili oil.
- Bake for 3 or 4 minutes or until the cheese browns a little - watch it carefully as it can burn easily.
- Remove and sprinkle with torn basil.
- Keep the fist pizza warm at the bottom of the oven whilst you make the second.
- Serve hot
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.