Spaghetti with Macadamia Pesto and Semi-dried Tomatoes
An interesting recipe using an unusual homemade pesto, spaghetti and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 250g (9oz) spaghetti
- 1 /3 cup macadamias basil pesto
- 75g–100g (2.5oz–3.5oz) semi-dried tomatoes
- Salt and cracked pepper
- 20 g Chopped toasted macadamias for garnish
- 2 cups basil leaves tightly packed
- 1 cup unsalted macadamias
- 3 Cloves garlic, peeled
- 125mL (4 fl oz) olive oil
- 65g (2.5oz) freshly grated parmesan
- 1 /2 teaspoon sea salt
- Wash and dry basil leaves. Put into food processor or blender with macadamias and garlic. Process until well combined, scraping down sides.
- Add parmesan and salt, process again, slowly drizzle in oil (keeping machine running) until smooth. Store in an airtight jar or plastic container – a film of olive oil over top will help preserve.
- Store in fridge.
- Cook spaghetti and drain, reserving 2–3 tablespoons
- pasta water.
- Mix pesto with pasta water then toss with spaghetti until well combined.Toss through semi-dried tomatoes and taste for seasoning.
- Top with extra chopped toasted macadamia nuts and serve immediately.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.