Soft sandwich loaf
This soft textured loaf with a chewy crust is particularly suitable for the Panasonic SD-253/254/255 bread machine, but can also be made in other machines, so long as you follow your manufacturer's handbook. For the Panasonic SD-ZB2502 automatic breadmaker, this is menu option 10, sandwich bake.
- 1 teaspoon easy bake yeast
- 220 g Italian Grade 00 pizza dough/puff pastry flour
- 180 g very strong white bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 280 ml water - or by weight instead of volume, 280 g water
- Place the ingredients into the pan in the order in which they are given above. If using a machine other than the Panasonic SD-253/254/255, refer to your handbook for the correct order for your own machine.
- Set to the sandwich bread option and in 5 hours you will have your baked loaf.
- If your machine does not have a sandwich setting, choose one that has the nearest fit to one that kneads for about 15-25 minutes, rises for about 2½ hours or less and bakes for 50 minutes. Make sure that the ingredients are warmish beforehand.
Make sure that you use Italian Grade 00 pizza dough/puff pastry flour. There are various types of 00 flour and the one for making pasta is not suitable. For the bread flour I used Waitrose Very Strong Canadian.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.