This is the proper stuff as it should be made!
- Bring the water to the boil in a non-stick saucepan.
- Add the porridge in a steady trickle whilst stirring vigorously - there should be no lumps.
- Reduce the heat, cover and gently simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes or so.
- You will know when it is done as the oatmeal will have absorbed the water to such an extent that it has a crater appearance when simmer.
I love this with a generous pouring of cold milk.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.