Sausage, Kale and Bean Stew
With super healthy ingredients and a chilli kick, pack a nutritional punch and make life a bit easier! This hearty gluten free winter stew can be made a day or two in advance if you've a busy week ahead and only gets better with time.
- 6 debbie&andrew's Harrogate 97% Pork Sausages, cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 1 small butternut squash or carrots, peeled and cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 2 tins cooked flageolet beans, drained and washed (any beans will work)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 900ml chicken stock
- 275g kale, stalks removed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Sriracha sauce to garnish (or chilli flakes if you prefer)
- In a large casserole pan, heat the oil, add the sausages and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the onions, garlic, butternut squash and oregano.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans and chicken stock, place the lid on and cook for 20 minutes on a gentle heat.
- Add the kale, season and cook for a further 3-4 minutes with the lid on.
- To serve, place dish in the middle of the table and drizzle over sriracha sauce.
- Top tip: Add a touch of cream for extra richness if youre feeling decadent.
- Going Paleo? Don't include the beans and make your own sriracha sauce using this recipe!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.
#srirachasauce #beans #chickenstock #oregano #stew #kale #sausagekaleandbeanstew #butternutsquash #sausage #punch #oliveoil