Sausage, Kale and Bean Stew
With super healthy ingredients and a chilli kick, pack a nutritional punch and make life a bit easier! This hearty gluten free winter stew can be made a day or two in advance if youve a busy week ahead and only gets better with time.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 6 debbie&andrews Harrogate 97% Pork Sausages, cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 1 small butternut squash or carrots, peeled and cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 2 tins cooked flageolet beans, drained and washed (any beans will work)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 900ml chicken stock
- 275g kale, stalks removed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Sriracha sauce to garnish (or chilli flakes if you prefer)
- In a large casserole pan, heat the oil, add the sausages and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the onions, garlic, butternut squash and oregano.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans and chicken stock, place the lid on and cook for 20 minutes on a gentle heat.
- Add the kale, season and cook for a further 3-4 minutes with the lid on.
- To serve, place dish in the middle of the table and drizzle over sriracha sauce.
- Top tip: Add a touch of cream for extra richness if youre feeling decadent.
- Going Paleo? Dont include the beans and make your own sriracha sauce using this recipe!
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.