Salsa verde (TM)
This is a translation of a recipe in Salsas y Aliños con Thermomix (Susaeta Ediciones)
- 150g parsley
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 slice of bread (crust removed)
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 250g olive oil
- 50g wine vinegar
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 40ml Milk (just enough in which to soak the bread)
- In the bowl, place the parsley, the peeled and sliced garlic, the egg cut into pieces, the slice of bread soaked in milk and squeezed out, the salt, vinegar and anchovies.
- Blend 35 seconds / Speed 7.
- Remove the lid and and using the spatula scrap down any ingredients that are up the sides of the bowl.
- Set to Speed 4 and add the oil, little by little, through the lid.
- Once all the oil has been added, continue to bind for a few seconds and then stop the machine.
This sauce is the basis for the preparation of many fish recipes and is ideal for accompanying roast or boiled potatoes, salads and white rice and pasta dishes. Depending on which dish you ware making, the sauce can be added afterwards or incorporated in the making of the dish. Fish is very good if cooked in the sauce.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.