Salsa de ají colorado (Red pepper sauce) (V)
This recipe needs advance preparation!
- 24 fresh red chillies, seeded if desired, and cut into strips
- 280 ml white wine vinegar
- Garlic to taste, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 140 ml oil
- Put the chillies into a bowl, add the vinegar and leave overnight stirring with a wooden spoon a couple of times.
- Drain, but keep the vinegar.
- Blend the chillies, garlic and salt, with enough vinegar to reduce them to a purée.
- Beat in the oil, adding about 4 tablespoons of the vinegar to give the sauce the consistency of mayonnaise.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#vinegar #sauce #chillies #garlic #redchillies #whitewinevinegar #chile #mayonnaise