Salsa chilena (Chilean sauce)
Salsa chilena uses onions as opposed to tomatoes as the base ingredient. It therefore has better keeping qualities than the tomato based Pebre chileno
- 2 or more green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 100 ml water
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley or coriander, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Plut all the ingredients in a blender and process briefly until the salsa is mixed, but not too smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#vegetableoil #fish #salsa #coriander #onions #whitewinevinegar #parsley #meatdishes #blender #greenchillies