Roasted tomato soup (TM)
This recipe has been adapted for the Thermomix from a Come Dine With Me recipe. The orginal is quite chunky but here I have made it into a smooth, thick soup. I have also tweaked around a bit with the ingredients.
See Variations below for the conventional method of making this.
- 1kg ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 360g onions, cut into thick wedges
- Garlic, to taste
- 2 red peppers, quartered and deseeded
- 100ml olive oil
- 4 chillies, seeds left in (optional)
- 300ml water
- 4 teaspoons vegetable bouillon powder
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Few sprigs fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7
- Put the tomatoes, onions, garlic, and peppers into a large roasting tin.
- Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 45 minutes until tender and beginning to char.
- Put the roasted vegetables in the TM with the chillies, stock, sherry vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Blend for 40-50 seconds / Speed 10, until smooth.
- Reheat 100° / 4 minutes / Speed 2.
- Check seasoning, serve, garnished with the parsley.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.