Quick prawn curry
Another recipe sent to me from north of the border by Alastair.
- 220g Peeled (defrosted) prawns - about 400g when frozen
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced - normal white onions are best, the red onion I used gave it a strange blue hue!
- Curry paste or curry powder to taste
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Good splash of milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Boil the potatoes for 20 to 25 minutes or until soft
- Mash with the butter and milk and season to taste
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok, add a good grind of pepper but no salt to the oil and fry the sliced onions until they begin to caramelise
- Add the curry powder or curry paste. Any of the Patek-type curry pastes are good. About 1 tablespoon should do but add a little at a time - you can't take it out once you've made it too hot!
- Tip the prawns in to the pan and stir meaningfully until they have changed to the colour of the curried onions
- If you want more sauce, just add a little vegetable stock, lager or even water.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.