Purple mashed potatoes (V)
A recipe for purple mashed potato. Purple Majesty potatoes are available from branches of Sainsbury's.
Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
- 1 pack (1.25kg) Purple Majesty potatoes
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable stock
- 1-2 tablespoons mild olive oil if wanted
- Boil, steam or microwave the potatoes.
- Strain the potatoes and return to pan.
- Mash with a little vegetable stock until your desired texture.
- You can also add a little olive oil.
- The resulting mash should be rich and smooth in appearance.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk