Prawns, peas and pasta
- 2 portions of Home made pasta, rolled flat and cut into rough rustic strips
- 300g dried tagliatelle
- 300g fresh peeled prawns
- 500 g frozen peas
- 4 cloves of Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of butter or a mixture of butter and olive oil for the more health conscious.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt half of the butter in a pan, add the garlic and gently sauté until soft, don't allow it to burn or colour.
- Add the prawns, half of the lemon juice and season with salt, pepper. Stir well to mix and then remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile cook the peas until tender, either by microwaving or boiling - about 4 minutes
- Cook the tagliatelle in salted boiling water until al dente
- Drain the pasta and add to the prawns, Stir in the remaining lemon juice, butter and peas. Mix well, season and serve.
Make your own pasta from scratch
The normal (non-Youtube) recipe for home-made pasta is here if you prefer.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.