Brown shrimp, peas and pasta
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 2 portions of Home made pasta or fresh pasta, rolled flat and cut into rough rustic strips
- 300g dried tagliatelle
- 300g small brown shrimp
- 500 g frozen peas
- 4 cloves of Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of butter or a mixture of butter and olive oil for the more health conscious.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt half of the butter in a pan, add the garlic and gently sauté until soft, don't allow it to burn or colour.
- Add the shrimps, half of the lemon juice and season with salt, pepper. Stir well to mix and then remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile cook the peas until tender, either by microwaving or boiling - about 4 minutes
- Cook the tagliatelle in salted boiling water until al dente
- Drain the pasta and add to the shrimps, Stir in the remaining lemon juice, butter and peas. Mix well, season and serve.
Make your own pasta from scratch
The normal (non-Youtube) recipe for home-made pasta is here if you prefer.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.