Potato, cheese and bacon pie
Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
- 1kg of Bartlett Rooster potatoes peeled & thinly sliced
- 15g Melted butter
- 200g Thinly sliced streaky bacon
- 100g Grated Gruyere cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- You will need a 9 inch ovenproof baking dish preferably non-stick.
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C or Gas mark 7.
- Butter the baking dish, arrange the bacon onto the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Allow the bacon to slightly overhang the edge of the dish.
- Wash the sliced potatoes and dry in a towel.
- Arrange 1/3 of the potatoes onto the bacon and sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Repeat, creating two additional layers of potato and cheese.
- Fold the overhanging bacon onto the potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 50 minutes, test the potatoes are cooked by piercing them with a knife.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.