Pot roasted chicken with bay studded rooster potatoes
Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
- 1.6Kg Oven ready chicken
- olive oil
- 50g Butter, melted
- 6 Cloves peeled whole Garlic
- 8 Whole baby rooster potatoes
- 16 bay leaves
- 600ml Good chicken stock
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken all over, then season with salt & pepper.
- Sit the chicken in a large roasting tin.
- With a small knife cut each potato across its width in 5mm slices, stopping 1cm before the bottom so as the slices are still joined at the base.
- Insert a few bay leaves into the slits.
- Place the potatoes around the chicken.
- Bring the stock to the boil and pour around the chicken. Cover with tin foil and place into oven, cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil and brush the potatoes with melted butter, return to the oven and continue to cook for another 45 minutes, basting the potatoes regularly until they are glazed.
- A comprehensive guide to roast meat cooking times - give the time you want to carve your roast and we'll give you a timed step by step roasting guide
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk