Pork sausage meat recipe
It's fairly simple, and easy to adjust the quantities to suit your recipe.
Although a meat mincer is the best tool for mincing the pork, I find that a food processor with a sharp metal blade used in pulse-mode does the job equally well. Just go easy or you can quickly turn the meat into paste!
- 500g free-range or organic pork shoulder
- 250g free-range or organic pork belly
- 25g fine dried breadcrumbs (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 16 sage leaves, finely chopped
- Black pepper
- ¼ teaspoons of freshly grated nutmeg
- Using a meat mincer or a food processor with a metal blade mince the pork shoulder and pork belly to your desired consistency.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Using clean hands mix the ingredients really well.
- Use to make sausages, burgers or freeze for later use.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#sausagemeat #sausages #burgers #meatmincer #pork #porkshoulder #dried #sageleaves #burger #nutmeg #breadcrumbs