Pork and Jazz apple burger with pâté
A juicy homemade burger with a surprise inside!
- 500g (1lb) minced pork
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small Jazz apple, cored and finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60g (2oz) coarse pork pate
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Use your hand to mix the pork mince with the chopped onion, apple, chilli and sage leaves finely chopped. Season well.
- Divide the mixture into four portions. Form each one into a round, flatten slightly then place a quarter of the pate, formed into a ball, on each one. Bring the mixture back over to enclose the pate and make a round again, then flatten it a little to make a burger. Put the burgers on a plate and chill for 30 minutes.
- The burger can be either barbecued or fried though tastes best on the barbie. To barbecue, heat grill to medium, brush with sunflower oil and cook the burgers for approx 12 minutes turning every 3 minutes.
- To fry, heat sunflower oil in the pan to medium and fry for approx 12 minutes turning every 3 minutes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.