- 60 g (2oz) medium oatmeal, plus extra for sprinkling
- 60 g (2oz) wholemeal flour.
- ½ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda.
- A pinch of salt.
- 5 tablespoons of boiling water.
- A tablespoon of lard.
- Preheat the oven to 204° C (400° F - Gas 6)
- Grease a baking tray and line with greaseproof paper
- Melt a tablespoon of lard in a bowl and add the fry ingredients, mix well
- Add 5 tablespoons of boiling water and mix. Using a palette knife fold the mixture until a dough starts to form
- Sprinkle a little oatmeal on a board, cut the dough into two and roll each half out into rounds, about 5 cm (1/2") thick
- Score into farls
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool on a rack before eating
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.