Nice and easy to make and no need to make huge quantities.
Not really sure how long this would last though I would guess 3 months providing the jar is properly sterilised
- 8 carrots, peeled and julienned
- White wine vinegar and water mixed 50/50 to cover
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Grind of black pepper
- Add the vinegar and water mixture, white sugar, salt, pepper to a suitable pan. Bring the mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the carrots in a sterile jar
- Cover with the vinegar solution
- Seal the containers, refrigerate and marinate for at least a week to allow the flavours to permeate.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.