Pasta with smoked salmon and fennel seed
A quick supper for two or starter for four.
- 150g Dried ribbon pasta or spaghetti (white, not wholemeal)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 100g smoked salmon trimmings
- 200g creme fraiche or fromage frais (low fat versions work well if preferred)
- Cook pasta in quantities required for the number of servings as recommended on the pack..
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a small pan. Put the fennel seeds in and allow them to sizzle for about 10 seconds. Turn off the heat and allow to infuse for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Review the salmon and chop up as required. If using trimmings, discard any dried-up bits.
- Drain the pasta when ready. Return to the pan, then add the salmon, creme fraiche/fromage frais and olive oil/seed mixture. Heat gently while stirring to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.
Make your own pasta from scratch
The normal (non-Youtube) recipe for home-made pasta is here if you prefer.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.