Pasta with Taleggio cheese
Love this cheese
When we were last at Hall Place Farmers' Market, Antonio Portillo (La Sabrosa Continental) gave us this really simple pasta recipe, which is a great way to use Taleggio cheese. It should probably be made with spaghetti, but I prefer macaroni. We had this with grilled beefsteak tomatoes, drizzled with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and fresh black pepper.
- Slice the tomatoes in half, drizzle with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and grill for about 10 minutes
- Add the garlic and bay leaves to a pan of boiling water and cook the pasta for the time directed on the packet ( pasta cooking times for most types of pasta can be found here)
- Drain the pasta, reserving ½ a cup of the cooking liquor
- Add the pasta back to the pan with a splash of olive oil, the crumbled Taleggio and enough of the cooking water to loosen the cheese into a sauce. About 3 tablespoons should do, but if you add too much it's easy to reduce again.
- Antonio Portillo (La Sabrosa Continental)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#pasta #pastawithtaleggiocheese #oliveoil #tomatoes #balsamicvinegar #lasabrosacontinental #taleggiocheese #grilled #bayleaves #blackpepper #cheese