Pasta negra with buttered cod roe
This recipe makes a nice lunch of light main meal for two people.
- sea salt
- 130 g pasta negra
- 1 x 4cm (1½) slice of canned cod roe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly cut herbs to garnish
- Cook the pasta for 7 to 10 minutes in lightly salted boiling water (or as directed on the packet)
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a small pan with a good pinch of black pepper
- Add the sliced cod roe to the hot pan and crush with the back of a spoon
- Cook for 4 or 5 minutes turning regularly. The roe does not really need to be cooked so it's just to add a little colour and get the butter mixed in well. Season to taste.
- Arrange the pasta on a plate, add the cooke droe and dress with frsh herbs.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#pasta #codroe #butter #herbs #roe #lunch #boiledorsimmered #pastanegrawithbutteredcodroe #blackpepper #salted #accompaniment