Oak smoked bread
This recipe from Bacheldre Mill is for use in a bread machine. This is specifically suitable for the Panasonic SD 253, 254 and 255. For other makes of machines, refer to you manufacturer's instructions.
- 7 g easy bake yeast
- 500 g Bacheldre Oak Smoked Strong Malted Blend Flour
- 2 teaspoons runny honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 330 ml water - or by weight instead of volume, 330 g water
- Place the ingredients in the bread pan in the order in which they are given in your instruction manual. The above is correct for Panasonic models.
- Panasonic SD 253 breadmaker, use the Whole Wheat setting and your bread will be ready in 5 hours.
- Panasonic SD-ZB2502 automatic breadmaker use menu option 04, whole wheat bake.
Bacheldre Oak Smoked Strong Malted Blend Flour can be obtained from most branches of Waitrose. I've found that with all brown or wholemeal flour bread recipes, half a vitamin C tablet (ascorbic acid) crushed between two tablespoons (about 100 mg) and added to the flour, seems to prevent a heavy, poorly risen loaf. It has an effect on Glutathione (Wikipedia) which has an affect on the the elasticity of the dough.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.