Mustard and garlic mayonnaise (TM)
This mayonnaise recipe for the Thermomix is inspired by Gloria Sanjuán's recipe for Salsa de Mostaza in her book Ensaladas de Fantasía, Salsas Maravillosas (ISBN 8497364090), but the flavours are gutsier
- Garlic, to taste, peeled
- 2 large egg yolks and 1 whole egg
- A couple of twists each of Himalayan Pink Rock salt and black pepper
- 6 tablespoons ground English mustard, such as Coleman's
- Wine or cider vinegar
- 100g avocado oil
- 130g olive oil
- 100g rapeseed oil
- Drop the peeled garlic into the TM bowl on running blades, Speed 8-9.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and insert the Butterly Whisk.
- Add the other ingredients except for the oils.
- Run the blades at Speed 4 with MC upside down, pour the oil slowly over the lid, allowing the oil to drip into the bowl.
- When all the oil has emulsfied, scrape down the sides and the lid.
- Mix again 10 seconds / Speed 4.
- Store in a jar or airtight container in the fridge.
Also Gloria adds oregano, but you can choose from a wide variety of herbs and/or spices to suit the type of ingredients with which you want to serve it. Chilli powder could substitute the mustard, but you will need to reduce the quantity. Just play with it to suit your own taste!
It will keep for about a week, but if it looks a bit gloopy when removed from the fridge, just beat it with a fork and it will return to its original consistency.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.