Mushrooms with smokey bacon
A great combination and another use for your home smoked bacon.
- 400g (14 oz) button mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground mace or grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 rashers of home smoked bacon, chopped into strips
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 glass of good red wine
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Brush the mushrooms clean, don't wash mushrooms.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy pan and fry the mushrooms until they have taken a little colour and start to sweat.
- Season with pepper and mace or nutmeg
- Add the bacon and garlic and fry for 3 minutes, stirring often
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes - the aim is to reduce the wine to just a little sauce
- Stir in the parsley, remove from the heat and serve immediately
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.