Merluza a la gallega (TM)
This is a popular hake dish from Galicia.
For the Varoma basket
- 6 hake steaks
For the bowl
- 800g potatoes, [chopped (see Chef's Notes below)]
- 400g water
- 1 bay leaf
- 200g onions, [sliced]
- Sprinkle the fish with a lttle salt, brush the Varoma with a little oil, place the fish in the same, cover and reserve.
- Put the butterfly onto the blades and add all the ingredients for the bowl 22 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Reverse Blade / Speed Spoon.
- After 15 minutes, put the Varoma containing the fish on top of the lid.
- Remove the Varoma and pour the contents of the bowl into a serving dish and place the fish on top. Reserve.
- Put the oil in the bowl for the garlic sauce 6 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1.
- Add the garlic 6 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1.
- Finally, add the paprika (once the oil has cooled slightly) and mix 10 seconds / Speed 1 (check that nothing remains on the screw of the blades).
- Drizzle the sauce over the potatoes and the fish, and serve immediately
- This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 Imprescindible para tu cocina which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs.
The potato cooking time will vary according to the type used - I had King Edwards and chopped them quite small. They only took 15 minutes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.