Mascarpone and lime cheesecake
I got this recipe from a Sainsbury's recipe card in the 1980s, which I had lost and recently discovered.
- 200g ginger biscuits, crushed
- 50g butter, melted
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 40g icing sugar, sifted
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- 15g Chocolate decorations
- The zest of 1 extra lime, sliced, for decoration
- Mix together the crushed biscuits and the butter and press it into the base of an 18cm spring form or loose bottomed cake tin.
- Leave to chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Meanwhile, remove the mascarpone cheese from the fridge to soften a little.
- Beat together the mascarpone cheese, icing sugar, lime zest and juice.
- Spread over the biscuit base.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin and decorate the top with the chocolate decorations and the lime zest.
A few readers have commented that they use Philadelphia full fat soft cheese for this recipe.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#mascarponecheese #mascarponeandlimecheesecake #icingsugar #juice #butter #chocolate #limezest #biscuit #limes #zest #cheesecake