Mango relish (V)
A fresh and spicy relish.
- 150 ml (5 fl oz) white wine vinegar
- 100 g (3.5 oz) demerara sugar
- 4 ripe mangoes, peeled, sliced and stones removed
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated root ginger
- Add all of the ingredients apart from the mangoes to a pan and bring to the boil
- Simmer gently until the mixture has reduced by half
- Tip in the mangoes and cook for 5 - 10 minutes
- Allow to cool and store in sterilised jars
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.