Lettuce soup (TM)
This Thermomix recipe has been adapted from a recipe in Fast and Easy Cooking, the book which comes with UK Thermomixes. It can easily be adapted for cooking on the hob.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 4 spring onions, cut into 2cm lengths
- Garlic to taste, peeled
- 30g butter
- 500g vegetable stock
- 250g potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 8-10 outside leaves of a large lettuce, roughly torn (I used Iceberg)
- 100g cream or yogurt
- Mint or parsley to garnish
- Place the spring onion and the garlic in The TM bowl and chop 4 seconds / Speed 4½.
- Scrape doen the sides and lid of the TM bowl and lid.
- Add the butter and sauté 10 minutes /100°C/ Speed 1 / MC Off.
- Add the stock and the potatoes and cook 15-17 minutes / 100° C / Speed 1, making sure that the potatoes are properly cooked.
- Add the lettuce, cream seasoning and purée 1 minute / 90°C / Speed 8 until smooth.
- If the temperature has dropped below 90°C, heat through on Speed 1 until that temperature has been achieved.
- Serve garnished with the mint or parsley.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.