Lettuce soup (TM)
This Thermomix recipe has been adapted from a recipe in Fast and Easy Cooking, the book which comes with UK Thermomixes. It can easily be adapted for cooking on the hob.
- 4 spring onions, cut into 2cm lengths
- Garlic to taste, peeled
- 30g butter
- 500g vegetable stock
- 250g potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 8-10 outside leaves of a large lettuce, roughly torn (I used Iceberg)
- 100g cream or yogurt
- Mint or parsley to garnish
- Place the spring onion and the garlic in The TM bowl and chop 4 seconds / Speed 4½.
- Scrape doen the sides and lid of the TM bowl and lid.
- Add the butter and sauté 10 minutes /100°C/ Speed 1 / MC Off.
- Add the stock and the potatoes and cook 15-17 minutes / 100° C / Speed 1, making sure that the potatoes are properly cooked.
- Add the lettuce, cream seasoning and purée 1 minute / 90°C / Speed 8 until smooth.
- If the temperature has dropped below 90°C, heat through on Speed 1 until that temperature has been achieved.
- Serve garnished with the mint or parsley.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.