Lemon and garlic chili prawns
I've used 2 dried Chile de árbol which made this dish nice and spicy. If you don't want it too hot then remove and discard the seeds.
- 455g dried spaghetti
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 400g peeled prawns
- 250 ml white wine
- 2 heaped tablespoons of sun-dried tomato paste
- 2 dried red chillies crushed in a pestle and mortar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Zest from 1 lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti in plenty of boiling water for about 7 to 10 minutes
- Heat about 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan or a wok and gently cook the garlic and chili. As soon as the garlic starts to colour, add the prawns.Don't allow it to brown or it will be bitter.
- Stir in the sun-dried tomato puree and let it sizzle for 30 seconds
- Add the white wine and stir well.
- Once the wine has heater through toss the pasta in the sauce, add the lemon juice and serve.
A tablespoon of satay sauce added a little more 'fishiness' and a subtle sweet flavour.
Make your own pasta from scratch
The normal (non-Youtube) recipe for home-made pasta is here if you prefer.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.