- Salt, pepper and nutmeg, to season
- 1 small cauliflower, separated into florets
- 500 g carrots, cut into small sticks
- 250 g fine green beans, topped and tailed
- 1 kg garden peas
- 40 g butter
- 100 g mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 1 medium onion, coarsely diced
- Parsley, finely chopped
- In a large saucepan or steamer, bring plenty of seasoned water to the boil.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the carrots and beans to the same pan and when they are almost cooked, add the peas.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in another large saucepan.
- Sauté the onions until they are fairly soft, then add the mushrooms
- Drain off the vegetables from the first saucepan and add them to the mushrooms and onions.
- Stir, so that all of the vegetables have a coating of butter. Add more butter if necessary.
- Serve, sprinkled with the chopped parsley.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.