Large sandwich loaf
- Mix the flour and water and leave to autolyse for 30 minutes.
- Incorporate the butter, yeast and salt and then knead according to your chosen method.
- Shape into a ball, place in a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, remove from the fridge and wait until the dough has risen sufficiently.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces and shape into balls.
- Place the balls, side by side, in the greased loaf tin, cover, and leave to rise until almost double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 230° C (450° F - gas 8), [fan oven 210° C].
- Shake some flour over the top.
- Place the bread in the oven and reduce the temperature to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour].
- Bake for about 50 minutes.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.