Lamb Bangers and Sweet Potato Mash
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into even-sized chunks
- 300g floury potatoes, peeled and cut into even-sized chunks
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 50g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 lamb sausages
- 1 jar Belazu Balsamic onions in balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon redcurrant jelly
- Place the sweet potatoes and floury potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for 15-20mins, until fully cooked and tender.
- Drain and return to the pan.
- Mash the potatoes and stir in the ground cumin and butter until smooth.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, and cook the sausages for 5 mins on each side. Add the onions with their balsamic liquor and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 mins until the sausages are cooked and sauce reduced.
- Stir in the redcurrant jelly and season to taste.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Belazu products used in this recipe
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.