Kecap manis recipe
This recipe and photograph, has reproduced by kind permission of Robin
- 100 ml light soy sauce (or Kikoman)
- 75 ml molasses
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- ½ red chilli (fresh or dried)
- 1 star anise
- Bring to the boil, simmer for about 10 minutes until syrupy consistence.
- When you use blackstrap molasses you probably need to add palm sugar too because the resulting sauce should be quite sweet.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.