Honey cooked pork tenderloin (SV)
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 180g carrots, peeled and cut into batons
- 150g piece of swede, peeled and cubed
- A large knob of butter
- 2 x 225g pieces of pork tenderloin
- 30ml clear honey
- 30ml cold pressed rapeseed oil
- Grated zest of half an orange
- A pinch Chinese five spice
- Salt and pepper
- Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Pre-heat the water bath to 84°C (183°F)
- Place the carrots, swede and butter in a vacuum bag.
- Season and seal.
- Add to the water bath and cook for 1½ hours.
- Meanwhile, mix the honey, oil, orange zest, Chinese five spice and seasoning in a bowl.
- Add the pork and coat with the marinade on all sides.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Place in a vacuum bag and seal.
- Once the cooking time is up for the vegetables, reduce the water bath temperature to 56.5°C (134°F) (for medium rare) or 60°C (140°F) (for medium).
- Add the pork to the bath, leaving the pouch containing the vegetables where they are, and cook for 1½-2½ hours.
- Pre-heat to high, a pan containing a little oil.
- Remove the pouches from the water bath.
- Open and drain the one containing the pork and sear for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Cut the pork into slices and serve with the drained vegetables.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with the chopped parsley
Serve with mustard sauce
- Adapted from a recipe by Chris Holland and Gary Woolliscroft
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.