Ham and chicory bake
This wonderful meal could be made without the ham if you need a vegetarian dish.
- 800 g (1.75 lb) Belgian endives
- 4 slices of good quality ham
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) milk
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) vegetable stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F - gas 4 - moderate)
- Grease an oven proof dish with butter
- Cut each head of chicory into 4
- Season with salt and pepper and roll up in the ham
- Pour over the milk and stock and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the stock cooked away to almost nothing.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.