- 4 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 x 225 ml cup semolina
- 1 x 225 ml cup caster sugar
- A few cloves
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 450 ml water
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water or rosewater
- 1 tablespoon pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the semolina until it starts to turn golden.
- Stir in the sugar, spices and the water.
- Cook over a low heat until the mixture thickens.
- Add the almonds and rosewater and cook until it is almost solid.
- Turn out into a greased dish and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle with the pistachio nuts.
Can be eaten hot or cold, with thick yogurt.
I would recommend using a non-stick saucepan when making this.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.