Halloumi and pepperoni vegetable bake
What a vegetable bake!
5/5 Lovely 😋😋😋 The Judge
Use whatever vegetables you have, either fresh or left-over. Pick what you fancy, not what I list here. As long as you bear in mind that the thickness of the vegetables determine how they cook, you can use whatever veg. you please.
- 250g Halloumi cheese cut into 3 cm cubes
- 40g pepperoni slices or medallions
- 60 ml olive oil (the remnants from a bottle of sun-dried tomatoes makes a fabulous substitute for olive oil)
- 2 red onions, peeled, quartered or sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed or sliced, or chopped
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into fingers
- Half of a butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and sliced
- 8 whole cherry tomatoes
- Half of a sweet pepper of your choice - think colours here!
- 3 pinches of curry powder
- Half a teaspoon of whole coriander seeds
- Half a teaspoon of whole fenugreek seeds
- Half a teaspoon of chilli flakes
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- Four bay leaves
- Bunch of sage leaves
- Bunch of fresh thyme
- Sprig of rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 220° C (425° F - gas 7), [fan oven 200° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Add the dry spices to a large baking tray and jiggle well to distribute evenly
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix very well so tat everything is evenly mixed
- Bake for 35 minutes at the top of the oven, stirring and mixing well every 10 minutes or so
- Depending upon the types of vegetables you use, they may leech out large amounts of water which tends to steam the vegetables rather than roast them. If this happens, just drain and discard any excess every time you turn them
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#halloumiandpepperonivegetablebake #spices #bake #pepperoni #sageleaves #butternutsquash #fried #currypowder #vegetariandish #halloumicheese #miseenplace