Gueyteow pad ki mow - Drunkard's noodles (V)
A colourful vegetarian noodle dish from Thailand which is supposed to be good for hangovers!
- 2 tablespoons peanut (groundnut) oil
- Garlic to taste, finely chopped
- 4 or more small hot red chillies, finely chopped
- 300 g dry sen yai noodles - cooked, rinsed and drained (usually boil for 6 minutes or until al-dente) - or 1200g wet/cooked
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 kaffir lime leaves, coarsely chopped
- 10 leaves of basil
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 sweet red pepper, finely diced
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan until it is hot, but not smoking.
- Add the garlic and chillies and fry briefly until the garlic is golden. Do not allow to burn.
- Stir in the noodles and add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook until the pepper is cooked, but still firm.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#noodles #garlic #noodle #darksoysauce #onion #kaffirlimeleaves #peanut #lightsoysauce #basil #groundnut #wedges