Gluten free sausage plait
- 2 packs Debbie and Andrew's Harrogate 97% Gluten Free Pork Sausages
- A knob of butter to grease
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 x 500g block readymade gluten free puff pastry
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Remove all the sausages from their skins. Grease a baking tray with a little butter.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan until hot. Add the onion and cook until soft. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the sausage meat, thyme and black pepper to the cooked onion and mix and season well.
- Roll the puff pastry out on a floured surface to a rectangle. Arrange the sliced eggs in a long line down the middle of the pastry. Top with the sausage meat mixture.
- Now, using a sharp knife, cut 2.5cm strips, on the angle, from the edge of the sausage meat to the outer edge of the pastry. Brush the strips with beaten egg.
- Starting at the top of the pastry, take the top left strip of pastry and lay it over the sausage meat. Then, take the top right strip and lay it over the sausage meat. Repeat to make the plait pattern. Tuck the ends of the pastry into the plait and brush the whole thing with beaten egg.
- Transfer the plait to the prepared baking tray and bake in middle of the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Turn the oven temperature down to 140ºC /275ºF /Gas Mark 1 and bake for another 20 minutes.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.