Garlic (peeling) TM
(Redirected from Garlic (peeling) TM recipe)
This is not a recipe, but some advice on peeling garlic in your Thermomix. Obviously if you only want to peel 1 or 2 cloves, you may as well do it by hand, but this method is wonderful for large quantities. You can also peel a batch and keep the cloves in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a short time.
- 3 bulbs of garlic
- 3 bulbs of garlic, 'rinse and repeat'.
- Separate the garlic cloves and cut off the roots.
- Place in the TM bowl and set to 3-6 seconds / Reverse Blade Direction / Speed 4.
- You will find that the skins have separated from the garlic.
- For easy removal from the bowl, you can add some water to the bowl and the skins will float to the top.
If you don't wish to get your garlic wet, it is easy enough to pick out the cloves from the bowl without using water.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#garlic #roots #thermomix #refrigerator