Fruity sausage and coconut curry
Simple sausage curry
4.5/5 Very simple, very sausagey! The Judge
- 2 packs Debbie and Andrew's Butcher's Classic Cumberland Sausages
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- A pinch chilli powder
- 75g sultanas
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut cream
- 350ml water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dark brown soft sugar
- Preheat your oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Bake your sausages in a lightly oiled baking tray in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice during that time. Remove and put to one side.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Stir in the apple, curry powder, chilli powder and sultanas. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Now crumble over the stock cube, add the coconut cream and water and season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add the cooked sausages to the pan and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, stir in the sugar.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.
#currypowder #fruitysausageandcoconutcurry #sultanas #onion #apple #coconutcream #chillipowder #sausages #sunfloweroil #curry #miseenplace