Four quarters cake (TM)
Known in Spain as 'Bizcocho cuatro cuartos' it takes its name from the fact that it contains equal parts of the the four main ingredients: flour, sugar, butter and eggs. It can be made with with various flavourings such as lemon, vanilla, cinnamon etc. It is similar to the English Pound Cake.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 130g sugar
- The peel of 1 lemon
- 3 free range eggs
- 130g butter at room temperature
- 130g plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4)
- Tip the sugar into the very dry bowl 20 seconds / Speed 5-10 progressively
- Add the lemon peel and again 20 seconds / Speed 5-10 progressively
- Next, add the eggs 2 minutes / 37° / Speed 3
- Add the butter and beat 30 seconds / Speed 3
- Incorporate the flour, baking powder and salt 10 seconds / Speed 2½
- Finish by folding the mixture delicately with the spatula
- Pour into a greased and floured cake tin and bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes
- This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 - Imprescindible para tu cocina which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.