Four quarters cake (TM)
Known in Spain as 'Bizcocho cuatro cuartos' it takes its name from the fact that it contains equal parts of the the four main ingredients: flour, sugar, butter and eggs. It can be made with with various flavourings such as lemon, vanilla, cinnamon etc. It is similar to the English Pound Cake.
- 130g sugar
- The peel of 1 lemon
- 3 free range eggs
- 130g butter at room temperature
- 130g plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4)
- Tip the sugar into the very dry bowl 20 seconds / Speed 5-10 progressively
- Add the lemon peel and again 20 seconds / Speed 5-10 progressively
- Next, add the eggs 2 minutes / 37° / Speed 3
- Add the butter and beat 30 seconds / Speed 3
- Incorporate the flour, baking powder and salt 10 seconds / Speed 2½
- Finish by folding the mixture delicately with the spatula
- Pour into a greased and floured cake tin and bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes
- This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 - Imprescindible para tu cocina which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.