Formaggio piselli (V)
Ok it's really cheesy peas, but is sounds so posh that it's staying as Formaggio piselli!
- 2.5 cups Frozen peas
- ¾ cup of Parmesan cheese (once grated)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 juice and zest from half a lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- Cook the peas to your liking:
- # Fresh peas - 4 minutes in boiling water
- # Frozen peas - From frozen - in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of water, cover with a saucer and microwave on full power for 4 minutes
- Drain and reserve a little of the cooking water.
- Add the peas to a small pan with the butter, a few tablespoons of the cooking water (or vegetable stock if you have some to hand), season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Tip the Parmesan cheese in and stir well to coat the peas, adding a little extra liquid if required.
- The end result should be glossy, well coated peas.
- Remove from the heat, drizzle with the lemon juice and sprinkle with the lemon zest.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.