Fava rica (V)
- 450 g dried broad beans
- Garlic to taste, finely diced
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Soak the beans for a minimum of 15 hours in cold water.
- Drain and rinse the beans, and boil in salted water until cooked.
- Leaving the beans in the cooking water, gently fry the garlic in the olive oil until golden. Use a deepish pan for this.
- Whilst the garlic is cooking, drain the beans and then mix them with the garlic and oil, together with the wine vinegar.
- Mash some (not all) of the beans and boil for a few minutes.
- Serve hot.
When looking for the dried broad beans, make sure they are brownish-green and labelled as dried broad beans or fava beans. I have noticed that some mis-informed characters on the WWW have stated that they are the same as butter beans, which they are not. Do not be deceived!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.