Espinacas a la crema (Spinach in bechamel sauce) (TM)
This recipe needs advance preparation!
For the sofrito
- 50g extra virgin olive oil
- 30g garlic, peeled
- 500g frozen spinach, defrosted, drained and patted with kitchen paper.
For the Bechamel
- If the cheese is not already grated, begin the recipe by grating it for a few seconds at top speed. Remove and reserve.
- Without washing the bowl, put the oil and the garlic in the same 5 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 3½.
- Using the spatula, push down the ingredients from the wall of the bowl and the lid.
- Incorporate the defrosted spinach and the salt 5 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Reverse Blade / Speed Spoon.
- Add the flour and sauté 1 minute / 100° / Speed 2½.
- Add the milk, butter, nutmeg and pepper 7 minutes / 100° / Speed 2½.
- In an oven-proof dish, put half of the mixture, break the eggs over it and cover with the rest of the mixture.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and grill for some minutes so that the eggs set and the top is golden.
- This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 - Imprescindible para tu cocina which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#spinach #thermomix #defrosted #grated #butter #nutmeg #spanish #frozen #cheese #flour #garlic