- 300 g salt cod
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and cut into medium size pieces
- 1 bunch of chives, snipped
- 4 oranges, peeled, pithed and cut into wedges
- Green olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Olive oil
- Soak the salt cod for about 24 hours, depending its thickness.
- Once desalinated, dry the cod with kitchen paper and crumble it carefully, removing any skin and bones.
- Put the potatoes on to boil and place the salt cod, chives, oranges and olives into a serving bowl.
- Add the potatoes once they are cooked.
- Make a dressing with the sherry vinegar and a generous amount of oil.
- Add salt to the dressing with care. It is advisable to taste the cod first for any saltiness as you may find that you do not need any salt in the dressing.
- Allow the ingredients to absorb the dressing for a while before serving.
Ideal as a tapa or first course.
It is sometimes mixed with chopped hard-boiled eggs.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.