Domatakia toursi (Pickled tomatoes)
This recipe needs advance preparation!
- 1 kg cherry tomatoes
- 2 bulbs Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon each of ground cumin and sweet, unsmoked paprika or more to taste
- 500 ml white vinegar
- Cut the tomatoes in half and lightly sprinkle some salt on the cut sides. Turn upside-down and allow to drain.
- Mix the garlic with the cumin and paprika.
- Once the tomatoes have drained, stuff them with the garlic mixture and put them in a jar with the vinegar.
- Top up with water to cover and leave the for two days.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#garlic #vinegar #cherrytomatoes #paprika #tomatoes #pickled #appetiser #cumin #groundcumin