Dak busut jim
- 10 dried shiitake or other mushrooms, soaked in hot water. Retain some of the mushroom cooking liquid for the marinade
- 1 kg chicken pieces, chopped, with bone left in
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Garlic to taste, crushed
- ½ teaspoon (or more) chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, cut into 8 and separated
- 125 g bamboo shoots, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Place the chicken in a bowl.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, chilli powder and black pepper.
- Mix and marinade for 1-2 hours.
- In a wok or frying pan, add the drained chicken (keep the marinade) and fry until brown.
- Add the mushrooms, the soaking liquid and the reserved chicken marinade.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with the toasted sesame seeds.
Serve with a bowl of plain rice.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.