Dak busut jim
This recipe needs advance preparation!
- 10 dried shiitake or other mushrooms, soaked in hot water. Retain some of the mushroom cooking liquid for the marinade
- 1 kg chicken pieces, chopped, with bone left in
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Garlic to taste, crushed
- ½ teaspoon (or more) chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, cut into 8 and separated
- 125 g bamboo shoots, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Place the chicken in a bowl.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, chilli powder and black pepper.
- Mix and marinade for 1-2 hours.
- In a wok or frying pan, add the drained chicken (keep the marinade) and fry until brown.
- Add the mushrooms, the soaking liquid and the reserved chicken marinade.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with the toasted sesame seeds.
Serve with a bowl of plain rice.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#dakbusutjim #chicken #mushrooms #marinade #sesameoil #toastedsesameseeds #garlic #chillipowder #simmer #plainrice #fried