Cucumber and garlic salad
Beautiful cucumber cutting
5/5 Lovely with th e sesame seeds. Jerry, aka Chef)
When we were growing cucumbers in our conservatory we were always hunting out good recipes to use them up. This is an ideal example of a way to use up your glut of cucumbers.
- 450 g [1 lb] cucumbers
- 2 teaspoons fine salt
- 2 teaspoon castor sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Peel the cucumbers
- Cut them in half lengthways and using a tablespoon or an ice-cream scoop, remove the seeds
- Chop the cucumbers into 'moons', about 1cm [1/2 " wide]
- Toast the sesame seeds for a few minutes in a hot, dry pan so they turn golden
- Put the cucumbers into a bowl and sprinkle with the salt then sit them in a colander for 10 minutes to allow them to drain
- Rinse them under cold running water
- Pat them dry with a paper towel or dry in a salad spinner
- Add the dried cucumbers to a bowl and sprinkle with the sugar and white wine vinegar
- Heat the olive oil in a wok and saute the crushed garlic, the moment it start to color, remove from the heat, allow to cool then add it to the cucumbers and mix well
Serve dressed with the toasted sesame seeds
Partially peeling the cucumbers as in the picture make them really quite attractive.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#cucumbers #oliveoil #cucumberandgarlicsalad #toastedsesameseeds #whitewinevinegar #peanutoil #saute #china #seeds #castorsugar #panfried